The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Friday, October 06, 2006

Slightly Surreal Sketch Show Love

It's been raining a lot this week and for some reason this has been inspiring to think about writing! Maybe I'm just in the mood at the moment or something I don't know. Yesterday I had a bit of a think about story 3 and what if Nick was the companion that things happened to, which in turn inspired Si to think that we should put them both through the wringer, which'll be fun! Today I had a few thoughts about teaser trailers for Soap, which I'll get written in the next few days if I can. They might be fun and they'd save Si the problem of stitching together a full trailer, which he found a bit of a pain last time.

The rest of my brain that hasn't been looking after various important things like breathing and issuing books and bantering with customers has been appreciating The Look of Mitchell and Webb, which has been making me laugh a whole lot more than Extras (although I probably missed the best bit of last night's episode by walking out half way through and I did like the Bowie cameo) each Thursday night. I love the slightly surreal nature of it, and even though it may not be the best sketch they do each week I just love the Number Wang gameshow! That's Number Wang! Brilliant stuff!
Of course the great bonus of discovering Mitchell and Webb a few years after they started means that there's plenty of their past stuff to go back and discover, Peepshow and the like! Hooray!

It is still raining. Maybe I'll be inspired a bit more over the next few days?

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

And good luck to all of you at home!

10:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Extras sucks. Mitchel and Webb are batting .500 if you ask me - those oh so unfunny snooker bits just go on and on without a single laugh.

However, fingers crossed for them being dropped and the programme becoming a sure fire hit.

9:12 am  
Blogger Si said...

Oh and that's a bad miss.

I don't mind the Snooker commentators, really, but they do stretch that sketch on past it;'s natural length I suppose.

Ah well, nothing's perfect!

1:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see from the back this week's guide that they're touring! Unfortunatly, I don't think I'll be able to persuade the Wife to go and see them live - which would be nice :(

5:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and Numberwang is a work of genius!

9:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home