The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Monday, September 04, 2006

Deaf

I don't know if I should be worried that i can't hear very much out of my left ear at the moment. I'm sure it's just bunged up with wax or something, but it's been quite odd these last few days. Its amazing really how quickly you get used to the tinnitus; you just sort of adapt to it being there. It's not good really.

I don't think I'd like to go deaf (though i may have no choice in the matter) because I can't imagine how horrible a silent world would be. We enjoy our music here and I think losing the ability to enjoy that would be a horrible loss. Only this evening we've been thoroughly enjoying the new Scissor Sisters single (it's fab!) and I heard something new in the background of the Lemon Jelly song Elements which made me smile: a sly Beatles reference... I like that kind of thing.

It was quite nice to go back to work today, after a week off sick, though I was feeling a bit drained when i was asked to help carry a large and heavy glass cabinet down the backstairs. I should have said no, but I'm too nice for my own good. It left me coughing and spluttering for a bit! Ah well.

Dissertation is almost done now... last minute edits and the reflection to go (that's a job for Wednesday) then the prints, binding and post! I can't believe it's almost done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home