The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Franz Ferdinand at the Kentish Town Forum Aug 23rd 2006

We went to see Franz Ferdinand at the Kentish Town Forum last night. They're a band that has gone from being a little in-joke between me and Steve to one of my absolute favourites at the moment, mostly because they're just very, very good at what they do.

Steve had got tickets for this gig as a spur of the moment thing, as he was in the right place at the right time. It was a small, intimate gig to warm up fro their appearances at the Reading and Leeds festivals over the weekend, and if last night's performances were anything to go by, then the audiences at the festivals have a real treat in store for them!

It was a bit different to most of the gigs I've been to in the past, as everyone was up and bopping from the moment they played Do You Want To? (my favourite of their songs) and I'm not used to that! We bopped around a lot with everyone and there was a really infectious happy atmosphere in the forum as they played.

The band themselves are absolutely at the top of their game, and it looks like they're loving every minute of it too. Good for them! Alex Kapranos (the lead singer) is amazing. He just oozes charisma (and is quite sexy with it, even though he looked a bit unkempt last night), and he made the whole crowd smile with one raised eyebrow or some seemingly ridiculous expression. I can't really describe it very well, but it worked for me. He even caught my eye at one point, which made me smile a lot!

A great gig overall, and my instant reaction at the end, was Wow!, which I think sums it up quite nicely.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard of them, and that's about it. Glad you enjoyed it tho.

1:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home