The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Holiday plans!

I was relieved yesterday to receive the submission arrival slip from the university for my dissertation. There was some drama at the end of last week, when I got an email from my tutor asking if I'd actually submitted it in the end, because they couldn't find it. I, of course panicked for a while, until I remembered that I'd sent it recorded delivery and thus could check to see if it'd been delivered. It had, of course, a full 11 days before they contacted me, so quite what they'd done with it in that time I dread to think. I was a bit annoyed about it all to be honest, as maybe they should have taken more care of it. I put so much work into it that to think, even for a while, that it'd been lost was rather upsetting.
Now I've still got to wait for it to be marked, and now it won't be nearly as soon as I thought it would be. *sigh*

Still, on a more positive note, we booked a holiday on Monday evening. I think it's much needed too. We haven't been away since we went to Moraira in August 2004, and after all the study I could do with unwinding. So we're off to Sitges in Spain, which is 35km outside of Barcelona. We'll be visiting and exploring the city as well as enjoying being beside the sea. We're even staying in a 4 star hotel, which is a touch of luxury I'm not at all used to! I'm sure I'll soon adapt to it though! Just over a fortnight to go before we go away! Hooray!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ole!

(I'm in Madrid on business in three weeks myself - only 3* hotel though!)

Do you think it'll be anything like Carry on Abroad?

8:14 am  
Blogger Si said...

I hope not! I'm hoping there'smore than half a hotel for a start, although we'd be very good at the double entrendres!

8:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well if you meet anyone called Simon Farquar - just run.

8:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home