The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Time

It's a funny feeling to be so close to finishing the course. It's occupied so much of my time over the last two years that although I'm really looking forward to having my free time back, I think I'm going to need a couple of projects to fill my time again. I don't want to end up being bored, after all!

There's a couple of things that I want to do. Firstly, I think it's time to take the plunge and learn to drive (or finish learning to drive, as I have had some lessons in the past). With the possibility of getting a new job looming, I think this would be a good thing to do. It's something I really should have done by now, but there's time now to concentrate on it and get it done I hope.

I'm going to be writing two episodes of the new Planet Skaro Doctor Who Audio Adventure (PSDWAA?) The Soap of Fatal Death shortly, which I'm really looking forward to. It's a better, stronger story in many ways and now that we know who we're writing for cast-wise we can tailor it to their strengths and avoid some of the weaker moments we've had before. I can't wait to get started on it and have the excitement of being involved in something so worthwhile again. I thoroughly enjoyed the last one (and the fact that we've listened to it a few times shows that!) and I'm glad I can be involved in a little more of a hands on way with this one.

I'm also going to be doing a new column for The Vervoid as well. Some may remember I had my own column there for a while, and I'm not sure about resurrecting that (although it's a possibility), what I will be doing is the long overdue Blakes 7 guide. I think I trod on Si's toes a little about that, but that's the one thing I've wanted to do for ages, and I hope I can do it well (I do know the show very well indeed). I've got some ideas, and Steve has suggested some good ideas too, so I think it will be a success. I also want to do some more I Love Doctor Who columns too, just because I like the nostalgia!

Hopefully, with the big Planet Skaro move coming in the next couple of months too, there will lots to keep me occupied.

Current Music: Elliott Smith: Tiny Time Machine
Current Book: Mark Chadbourn: Jack of Ravens
Current Words of Competition Review: 183

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So without the course and maybe learning to drive, we might even see you in our neck of the woods before Doomsday?

Nah, I didn't think so ;)

1:16 pm  
Blogger Si said...

You never know. You're definitely on our list of people to come up and visit when we have a chance. We did think about popping in the other week while we were driving down the M1 after the wedding, but thought that as it was short notice you'd have been busy.

We'll see if we can arrange something, yes?

2:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually short notice is fine - I've been afraid to say "NOOOOOOOO!"

:)

Would have been nice to see you - but on the other hand know what it's like when you're heading homewards and want to get back to your own stuff. I mean, when I'm away I lie awake at night dreaming about getting back to my PC and getting in some serious gaming ;)

4:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That should be "Never afraid to say" Tsk.

4:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No troes trodden on Si - it was just another idea, a spark in the ether, a flash accross the neural pathways. I'm happy to give that one up for you.

x

8:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home