The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

On Writing

It's funny, even though I now have all this spare time to use as I feel, I still haven't made enough time to keep my blog up to date. Hmm. I'll have to more effort, won't I?

Anyway, how have I been? Not so bad, bit tired really after a few nights of interrupted sleep, mostly due to the weather. We've had some really huge downpours of rain over the last few days, and they've often been enough to wake me up. That's one of the many curses of being a light sleeper. That's made me a bit tetchy really over the last few days. I'm not very tolerant when I'm tired. Poor Steve found that out!

I've been thoroughly enjoying writing though. I've done a couple of Blake's 7s for Down and Safe (not that they're up yet, but I'm sure it'll be soon) and the work on Soap of Fatal Death has been coming on this week. In fact, the last couple of days have seen me and Si really go for it.Episode 3 has been written and I'll be starting Episode 4 at the weekend. Si's also started a thread on PS for it, which has got people excited about the idea and we've had a few requests for cameo parts (of which there are plenty again, that's the joy of writing a story set on the set of a TV soap) which is good. I do like the fact that people want to be involved.

We've even been thinking ahead to story 3 (that's planning for you!) trying to come up with a really amazing "they can't do that!" cliffhanger. I think we've come up with a pretty decent one, that will allow us quite a lot of scope for writing a sequel. Indeed I've had a few ideas about that- I'd like to attempt a story set in different times and our cliffhanger might just give us a justification for that. We'll see- it's early days yet! I like it when my imagination gets fired like this, and ideas are just swarming around. It's a great feeling to be inspired and have the chance to do something about it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good show! One thing I'm not very good at is coming up with initial ideas - like your one about setting a story on a soap opera set. So I hope you can come up with something really special for Story 3 to give us a launching pad!

I'd like for us to write Story 3 together, as we did for "Echoes", perhaps going back to the initial formula of you having a basic idea, me developing a plot, and then us both writing it together! If we can blag the time round each others houses, perhaps on a day when the wives are off elsewhere, I think that'd be a really nice way to conclude the trilogy!

So get thinking!

Si.

9:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A "They can't do that cliff hanger" - how about not having one at all.

Either that or the Master down the steps ala 5 doctors ;)

11:58 am  
Blogger Si said...

That was a great cliffhanger. I'm sure that had everyone clammering for more on the repeat of The Five Doctors!

Anyway, we're having a cliffhanger and it's going to be a great one, well when I've writted it anyway!

9:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home