The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Go

Rather unfairly I've always been a bit dismissive of the Lemon Jelly album 63-95, because it's not another Lost Horizons. Still, this evening, with a couple of good bottles of bitter, I've had the chance to sit down and enjoy the DVD of the album, which a good friend bough me for my birthday, and I have to admit it was a really good present.
The animation for the songs was superb and compelling. Simple ideas, but rather hypnotic. It's a shame my old DVD player can't handle the DVD very well, but then again, it has meant I've waited to watch it on a dark and stormy night, on my own, in the dark and listen to a rather superior mix of the album rather loudly! It turns out it's a pretty decent album after all you know. Not as good as Lost Horizons, but judged on what it is, rather than what it isn't, it's pretty damn good!

Saturday night and I've got tea. My goodness the beer was good. It's not often I drink at home, but tonight it seemed like a good thing to do. There's so much alcohol in this house, leftovers from various parties this year that there was plenty to chose from.
It's well known that I like a good pint of real ale when I have the chance and there were a couple of decent bottles in the cupboard, so I've taken the opportunity to partake of them! Good for me! Oh Good for me!

Current Music: Mandingo: Black Rite
Current Mood: Bliss
Current Doctor Who: The Underwater Menace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home