The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Monday, August 07, 2006

History Repeating (only differently!)

The PS meet on Saturday was a great. It's been noted elsewhere that it wasn't quite the big event that the November meets are, but I think this worked in it's favour. I liked the intimacy of this meet, and the fact that it wasn't a huge event and that no-one got too pissed seemed to work really well. I even managed to talk to almost everybody, which is impossible at the huge meets! It was great to have the pub virtually to ourselves and I'm glad we didn't move on. I don't think we'd have found anywhere that was any more suitable and we might have had to spend our time in a noisier and more crowded bar for the sake of a few pence off the price of a pint!
I hadn't missed getting the last train home though... It's been such a long time since I've had to do that and it's not a lot of fun, when you just want to be home and have a cuppa! Ah well, it was well worth it though.
It was great to hear that a few people are really excited about the next audio adventure and want to be involved. It was good that people thought so highly of Protii, and kind of reassuring really, as the next story is so much better. I think we can do something really good with Soap and I'm really looking forward to starting work on the script once the small matter of the dissertation is sorted!

I do worry about one of my friends though. It's an odd situation really, as I can see him making the same mistakes I made several years ago. I'd like to offer him advice, but I don't think he'd listen to me... He hasn't so far after all (I suspect this is because he doesn't want to hear what I'll say about it all, but people have to make their own mistakes) All I hope is that he comes out of ok at the end. I think he will, as he's got some good friends looking out for him.

I don't regret anything I did back then, well aside from the few people I really hurt with my selfishness and thoughtlessness, because that's what's shaped me. You have to make a few mistakes along the way I think to come out the other side a better person. Some good things did come out of that time, but there wasn't much that I did to be proud of. Yet it was because of that time in my life that I inspired someone to come out, that I formed a very close friendship with Mark and ultimately I've got a really lovely life right now.
I think it was worth it, and you know, despite it all, I have some very happy memories from nights where I misbehaved!

Current Music: Lorraine Bowen: Manhole
Current Doctor Who: The Moonbase
Current Novel: David Mitchell: Number 9 Dream

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last trains are a menace! We left early enough (I thought) to get the penultimate train, only to miss it by about five minutes because the tube took ages to arrive. So we had to wait twenty minutes, then get the last one! It wasn't a disaster, it's just I always worry when we do that. On Thursday we got the last train and at the last minute they changed the platform. You don't need heartstopping moments like that when you just want to get home!

Si.
xx

11:55 pm  
Blogger Si said...

I always panic about missing the train until we're on the platform waiting for it. This time we had 20 minutes at Clapham Junction, but at least then you know you're going to get on it!

If not it's a trip to Paddington to get to Reading and an expensive taxi ride home... I've doen that a few times!

6:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home