The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Re-writes!

Jackie was brilliant! In one ten minute phone call she put me back on track and gave me the little push I needed to make the results a little more sophisticated. Themematic not systematic is the way forward and I can do that. In fact it's really going to be mostly a cut and paste job from the work I've already done, with extra analysis added. So, with my week off coming up I can sit and get my head down and get on with it.

I had a lovely night out with a few people from work last night. We had a meal ( I had a large pie, which was very tasty indeed) and a lot of laughs. I know I see them all the time, but I work in a great team, full of some of the nicest, kindest and funniest people I know and it makes all the shit at work worthwhile, because they've never managed to knock the team spirit out of us, no matter what they try. I think Steve appreaciated a night in on his own too... he seldom gets them.

Oh and a certain admin of Planet Skaro is getting right on my tits at the moment. It doesn't matter what he does, whether it's call all the people attending the meet on Saturday by their first names in the scrolling text except me and Steve or complaining at this very late stage about the pub we've all chosen to go to... whatever he does makes me cross. I don't think it's just me, but he's really got up my nise since he was brought back to the team and I feel that he's trying to take over everything. Ah well, I'll have to live with it for now. It's shame cos he's a lovely guy in real life, just online he's thoroughly annoying!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got a first name?!?!

1:13 pm  
Blogger Si said...

I do. I know I don't let many people know it, but it's Simon.

6:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thought it was Fimblebottom!

8:55 am  
Blogger Si said...

Well, Simon... Fimblebottom, there's not much difference...

6:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually Fimblebottom (pronounced Thimb-El-Botharm) would be a great first name - and would make you F.Hart - which sounds rude :)

9:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home