The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Never enough

It seems I didn't drink too much vodka last night. This is a good thing really, as I was sure from the way the evening was going that I was going to over do it, but Steve's timely bout of tiredness really helped, as I stopped before I went overboard. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have got nearly as much work done as I have today, and so I can feel pretty pleased with myself for now I think!

I've done it! I've made a start on the results now. I don't know if my work is much cop at the moment, as there's not really much analysis, it's mostly just me explaining what the graphs show. I think, however, this is important work in the long run (not that there is a long run... there's not much time left now) and this might change when I really get into it. For now it's a good start and I can always change it if I hit upon a more sophisticated way of doing this. Certainly for the moment it is vital to explain about the respondents ages and uses of the service... after this there is room to do a more thorough analysis drawing upon the qualitative material I've collected. Still I have done 845 words today, which feels like a pretty major achievement!

Nice night in the pub last night. After a very long, hot and mostly frustrating week at work it was much needed. I'm glad I didn't go on Friday night though... it had to wait until the end of the week. We had a good time really. While I still get lost when they start to discuss the computer tech stuff I still have a good laugh and it seemed good last night for there just being four of us, Me and Steve, Chris and Ian. Ian is very quiet, but a really nice guy and it's good when there's a smaller group as we talk to him a bit more.

Now, Steve is off paintballing with work, I'm here on my own. It's cooled down today and I feel like I've achieved quite a lot. Yay!

Current Music: Super Furry Animals: Frequency
Current Book: Philip Pullman: The Amber Spyglass
Current Thing I should do: Go to shops and buy bread

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you melted yet?

10:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do a ruddy update!!!!

11:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hear hear!

8:28 am  
Blogger Si said...

Thanks for the prompts guys!

2:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home