The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Monday, July 17, 2006

Summer Turns To High

Good grief it's hot.

The heat isn't much good, especially as it doesn't inspire me to come home from work and get on with the dissertation stuff. I know it needs doing, I know I've only got a month and bit to go before it's due in, but the heat is killing my momentum. I'm going to have to do something about that as soon as possible. This ought to be the most exciting bit, writing up the results of my questionnaires, and the focus groups, drawing conclusions and writing recommendations, but I'm just not very enthusiastic about it... I think I just need to make a start and once I start the riting it'll be fine. At the very least all my responses are coded now, there are some nice charts and graphs to illustrate it all, so it's not like I haven't done anything. It's just that I haven't started the writing up bit.

The heat has knock on effects everywhere. Working in a 1970s glass and concrete building, means there's no airflow and the library gets very hot indeed. It doesn't make for ideal working conditions I can tell you. With this week being the start of our new library management system too, I can see some tempers getting frayed by the end of the week. I'm hoping it won't be mine, especially as I'm working all 6 days this week. We'll see, eh?

We had a pretty good time out yesterday afternoon. My brother's fiancee's Mum had a big party to celebrate her 60th, and we were all very kindly invited. We enjoyed some very good food and it was lovely for a change not to have the scene stealing Luke and Annabel there so that we could talk to each other properly. I love them both enormously, of course, but they do become the centre of attention everytime we see them! So we chatted, joined in the skittles tournament (we all got knocked out quite quickly, but not as quickly as Jonathan was!) and it was a nice afternoon, despite being very hot and poor Steve was stuck sitting in the sun as we ate, which wasn't ideal.

Current music: Kate Bush: Aerial
Current Doctor Who: The Faceless Ones
Current Number of items of clothing I'm wearing: Two

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too hot if you ask me! I'm dreading going back to the sweat box of an office I work in (1960s building - huzzah)

Put more clothes on by the way you hussy!

8:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home