The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Echoes of the Super Furries

Isn't it a great cover? Well done Pip Madeley!

Echoes of the Protii is an audio adventure based on a story written by myself and my good friend Si Hunt. Si has always had ambitions to make an audio version of it, and so only two and a bit years since the original story was written we recorded it on a very hectic day in January. I won't tell the full story of its creation, as this will pre-empt Si's forthcoming articles on it all, but I can say we had a great deal of laughs writing it originally and much fun was had recording it. I can't wait to hear it at the start of April. More details on the adventure can be found here: http://boosh.doxdesk.com/protii/

It's a grey and rainy Tuesday here. On the up side the heating has been repaired in the library now, but on the downside it's now sweltering in here as they can't control the timer so it's either freezing or hot... we can't win. Ah well, I suppose we're used to that! Today has brought the usual timetabling cock ups which has meant a member of staff is supposed to be in two places at once. Honestly, does no-one ever check these things before doing the time table? It's such a simple thing to get right... or so you'd think!

I was listening to the Super Furry Animals on the way to work today. Despite the rain that made me smile. They're a terribly underrated band, who deserved to do a lot better with their last two albums than they have done. I still can't believe that there hasn't been a second single released from Love Kraft. There are so many great songs that deserve a wider audience than they're getting right now. Frequency for one, which has been a big favourite of mine since the album came out. They're probably my favourite band these days, as even 7 albums in, they haven't made a duff one. That doesn't happen very often.

Current music: Super Furry Animals: Ice Hockey Hair
Current Weather: Wet, Grey and Windy
Current Fruit: Bananas and Oranges

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home