The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Monday, October 13, 2008

Peggle Master

Something truly shocking has happened. Something I never saw happening to me. You'll never believe it.

I've become addicted to playing a computer game.

Shocking isn't it? Me? Yes, me who's mocked Steve and his friends for this kind of thing for the past 5 and a bit years, I've succumbed! It's the wonderful Peggle that's got me. Basically it's like an updated version of the very old game, Wall, only here you destroy Peggle pegs with a ball, and collect various magical powers as you go which allow various trick shots. It doesn't sound like much, but it's very addictive and great fun. I think it might the wonderfully over the top end to each level as you wait to see where the ball lands and how many points you score, as the fireworks go off and the celebratory music plays that does it. Anyway, it's great fun and I spent the weekend playing it while Steve was off at Joe's place playing computer games! Who'd have thought I would be doing the same, eh?

Well, I didn't spend all weekend playing Peggle. I also Luke for the afternoon on Saturday. That's always fun, and this was no exception. This time round we went out cycling for an hour or so. Back in the day, there used to a BMX track in some of the woods behind Crown Wood shops, and we set out to see if we could find it, if it was still there. Luke was very pleased to find out that it was. Well sort of anyway. It was a bit overgrown and neglected, but still the track that I used to Jonathan to when he was young. Luke spent half an hour tearing round it before going on the swings and the roundabout that was nearby. Funny isn't it, how despite all the great advances in games and things to do, swings and roundabouts still offer so much to kids. Just got to get them out to use them.
We came home and he had a great time playing with all the Doctor Who figures we've got. Lots of great adventures were created on the living room floor, though I'm not sure Terry Nation would approve of Luke's Dalek characterisations! He wanted to know which was the oldest Dalek and spent a while putting them in age order and then we spent a little while on youtube finding the relevant clips of the various monsters and the various Daleks.
He, of course, wanted to watch a Doctor Who DVD and after a while deliberating, her chose The Leisure Hive. Perhaps not the greatest choice, but he enjoyed it, but he did say it wasn't as good as some of the other old Doctor Who's he'd watched before. He laughed at Tom Baker's snoring on the beach, was sad when K9 blew up and was a bit disturbed by the first episode's cliffhanger, but laughed when Tom appeared in pt 2 on the screen and winked! "Arrest the scarf!" got some giggles too. So it wasn't all bad and he seemed to like the Foamasi too.

I'm looking forward to the weekend. We're off to stay with Muz and Nicola in Bradford. It's been mooted for ages, and it's good to know that we're finally going to go. It'll be a long old trip after work on Friday night, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home