The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Noises Off

We had a good weekend. The pub visit on Saturday night was great fun. It's always good to catch up with everyone and have a few pints. I suppose as we all get busier and everyone moves further apart, it gets more difficult to see every time. Chris is busy in Derby, the other Chris is with Michelle and as busy as me and Steve are, Paul and Fran have their climbing, James and Tim are in Bristol, Ian is often on call... it just gets tricky trying to get everyone together. Still, we did fine, staying up until 2am chatting, Steve having secret burgers, Joe having the traditional kebab and me drinking tea.

Sunday we went visiting. First to Jay and then to Vic and then off to see Mum and Adam. It was Adam's birthday, so we went up to give him his presents on behalf of everyone. He's not big on birthdays, for several reasons, and wasn't somewhat quieter than usual, but he seemed to appreciate the effort we'd made, which was nice. He liked the beer too!
I saw Mum again yesterday for lunch. This was after a good driving lesson where I did my first three point turns (not good- I was going too fast and wasn't paying attention to what was going on around me) and reverse parking... that was slightly easier. Anyway, me and Mum had a good lunch at the Golden Retriever and a good chat. There's always lots to catch up on.

We went to the theatre last night. In one of the few perks to come my way for library work, we were offered free tickets to see Noises Off at the New Victoria Theatre in Woking. It was absolutely superb. What a great ply- a farce about the making of a farce! Very, very funny and very well played. The cast were uniformly brilliant, with Maggie Steed stealing the show as Dotty. Colin Baker was pretty damn good too. A great night out and if anyone has the chance to catch the rest of the tour I'd definitely recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home