The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Another night in

My bad mood didn't last very long, but it was fun all the same to rant for a bit and then forget it! I'm not very good at being in a bad mood. They tend to dissipate as soon as I start thinking them. That's got to be a good thing!

It's a quiet week here. Steve is out at the moment, and he was out yesterday too. I'm here at home pottering around doing what I want! Seems to be working out OK, though it would perhaps have been nice to go out to the Tav tonight and see Jonno. Ah well, it's just too difficult to get into London now I'm not working in Bracknell and am not near a train station. By the time I got into town it really wouldn't be worth it. I've done some writing (finally finished my Star One review for The Vervoid- just need the screen grabs) watched some DVDs and made the most of the time alone. It's not something that happens all the time, so it's best to enjoy it. Hopefully Steve is having a great time at the Tav tonight. I suspect he'll be home very late tonight!

We're getting close to Lisa's maternity leave now and I'm beginning to wonder what's going to happen staffing wise at Birch Hill. There are rumours rumbling that I might get someone for the maternity cover, as all the hours the library is open will shortly need covering. That means for the first time in a very long time I'm probably going to have to do some interviewing. That'll be fun! With any luck an established member of staff (or two) might want some extra hours and go up for it. We'll see. I know I have at least one who'd like to take it on. We'll see in the next month or so. Lisa is beginning to look quite big now, and the baby keeps kicking while she's at work (always around lunchtime!) and it's all very exciting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home