The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Happy Birthday!

Aren't birthday's great?
I'm told that once you're over 30 there's no magic left in them, but I doubt that. What we're left with is the chance for a big get together, a chance to see some good mates and spend some time with your family and get some great pressies! This birthday (my 31st if anyone really wanted to know!) was no exception to that. I've had a thoroughly good time with it all (even with the hangover on Sunday) and I just love being the centre of attention (and come on, who doesn't?)
It all started last Thursday, when Steve took me to Woking Theatre to see Strangers on a Train. What a great play it was too. It took a little time to build, but by the end of act one, the tension had mounted to unbearable levels ready for Colin Baker to come on and steal the show by working it all out! It was a very good play, really well staged and brilliantly acted. Going to the theatre is something I really enjoy but we don't really go often enough. At least when we do it's always something worthwhile.
My birthday itself was a lovely quiet day, spent at home with Steve mostly. We baked cookies and cakes (from my new Mary Berry book of cakes, which is fabulous) and we watched some Look Around You (as Steve bought me the second series DVD- which is highly recommended) and just had a nice day really. It rained though, as usual!
Saturday was the day of the Barbeque/ party/ End of Doctor Who, and very busy, noisy and fun! We got the house ready first, did some shopping for the food, all the time wondering if it was going to rain or not (it did, but not until 11pm, so we had a lucky escape). It was great overall, much the same as our New Year party really, lots of friends, lots of laughs and the party split late night to upstairs and downstairs, but earlier it had been nice to sit in the garden for the evening and we didn't poison anyone with the barbequed food, which was a plus!
I think I might have neglected some people really, as I did sit upstairs with just a couple of mates until late, but otherwise it seems it was a success all round. Certainly the people I've heard from had a good time! It was lovely to see a couple of people we don't see too often like Stephen who came up from Bournemouth. We chatted and renewed our friendship which was lovely.
Sunday we got the house cleared by 12, (after we'd dropped Stephen off at the station) and then entertained my family from 1 for a couple of hours. Bizarrely they made more mess than the party had, but that's what you get for having little nephews and nieces there! Annabel threw all the videos on the floor, Luke knocked Steve's Sonic Screwdriver into the pond and it buzzed for the rest of the afternoon until Steve took it to pieces. Still, it was about time we had them all over (we have been here 9 months now) and it is always good to see them. And Vic did make me a Police Box birthday cake, which was very tasty!
Sunday evening I was knackered, but we went for a walk as it was a lovely evening and even managed some of the washing up! We finally got it all finished last night!
Current Music: Snow Patrol: You're All That I Have
Current Doctor Who: Evil of the Daleks
Current Mood: Upbeat

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a good party Si, thanks for inviting me!

Si.

9:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap I utterly forgot Sim with the conference tooing and froing! And I saw a bloody perfect card the other day!

Damn, will have to make ammends!

9:37 pm  
Blogger Si said...

That's ok, Gaz, with two weeks of conferences to go to, I'm not surprised your mind is all befuddled. Glad to hear your speech went down so well by the way!

8:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for inviting me, by the way! I had such a brilliant time, and I'm glad you persuaded me to stay too. Hmm....I sound like JNT or something!

11:00 pm  
Blogger Si said...

You didn't take much persuading did you? Either I was at my most easily persuasive or you really didn't want to go!

8:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home