The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Friday, November 09, 2007

Not Out, In

By rights we shouldn't be in tonight. We should be out for dinner with Mum and Adam. However, since they've just returned from a holiday this afternoon, that's been postponed for now and hopefully we'll go sometime this weekend instead.
The time has come to take the plunge and do it. It can't really be put off any longer, and I have to admit I'm more curious now than angry and I want to see what he's like. He certainly seems to be making Mum very happy, and I'd like to make her happy by meeting him.

It still feels very odd though. I never really expected to be in this situation really. I don't suppose you ever do. It should be the other way round- the parents meeting their children's partners- you don't expect to be doing it this way round. Maybe I've just had a very sheltered life or something, because I'm sure plenty of other people have gone through this. Anyway, the time has come when it feels right to do so, and so this weekend is the time. I'll report back on that after this happens.

This week has been quite draining and I'm feeling quite tired at the end of it. However, we do seem to have got lots done both at home and at work. I wrote some pieces for The Vervoid, including a whole new column which I shall develop over the next few months, did a little work on Consequences (and I really need to get going on the documentary too...) and listened to Steve's work in progress on The Christmas Gnomes(which sounds great). At work I had the first set up meeting for my new reading group. I wasn't sure about setting one up really, but they all seemed so enthusiastic about it, that I've been won over. So we're starting off with something easy to begin with, The Christmas Thief by Mary and Carol Higgins Clarke, which sounds like a bit of fun, and then we'll see where we go from there at the first meeting in December.
Next week I'm on a course for two days- IOSH... health and safety, yuck. Not good, but I get great dinners at Easthampstead Park which is a plus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home