The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

All Bunged Up.

I feel like I could sleep forever right now. This is not good, as I really ought to go to work today. I'm full of cold and didn't sleep too well last night as I spent much of the night coughing. Steve got so irritated by it, that he came down and slept on the sofa, which then made me feel ever so guilty (until I fell asleep again). At the moment I can't tell whether it's lack of sleep or whether I'm just so full of cold that I feel so rubbish today. It's probably some of both. Ah well, I'll does myself up and go to work and come hope and flop down on the sofa. I can do that.

We had a great weekend. We went to stay with Richard and Mike in Ipswich. It's a long old trip, but it's worth it, because we had a great time. It's very good getting to know Mike a bit better and it's really wonderful after all this time to see Richard looking happy and settled. They seem very good for each other. We didn't do a great deal on Saturday night, but that didn't matter really, we drank some wine, ate some great food and had a good chat all evening. That seemed to work just fine really!
Sunday was good. We went up to where Mike works and borrowed some bikes and cycled round the farm and up some country lanes; very different to where we usually cycle! It was good. The sun was out and since we're all about as fit as each other, no one was out ahead all the time! Richard and Steve enjoyed seeing the cows in the fields too!

On the way home, we popped in to see Steve's Gran and Auntie Betty. That was good. They always make me laugh, especially Auntie Betty and her rather downbeat outlook on things (she asked me if I thought Charlie would have drowned if I hadn't been there to rescue him from the pond!). It's always worthwhile. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home