The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Positive thinking

It's been a somewhat odd day really and I suppose in many ways I've been rather distracted by Andrew's news. It's one of those things you don't quite expect- Andrew is a couple of years older than I am, and he's just been diagnosed with Lymphoma cancer. I, like many others I suspect, never think that cancer happens to people my age. But it does, of course it does.
He was with us at the weekend, and really we had no idea. He was as upbeat and cheerful as usual and really good company. And he didn't want to tell us either because he was having such a lovely time. He's so positive about beating it though, which is fantastic. He's got the right attitude and I really hope he comes through it. I've not known him for all that long, so I'd like to have the chance to get to know him better if I can. Fingers crossed eh?

As I said earlier in the year when Uncle Dave was diagnosed, it's not easy to know what to say, so I again I just sent all my very best wishes and said I'd go and watch Doctor Who with him while he's recovering. Perhaps it's enough to know he has loads of friends looking out for him. I hope so.
This is another example of why PS is somewhat unique in forums- the place has been full of well wishers all day and I noticed lots of private messages going his way all day. That's good. Really good.

The news did sort of distract me most of the day. I left the library keys at home this morning, which caused all sorts of logistical problems for everyone, as did the rain, but we got through them OK. It was good to have Pat back though.
Steve could off to Abu Dhabi in the next week. We're not quite sure when though. I'll miss him- I'll have to make my own lunches and cups of tea while he's away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home