The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Monday, October 08, 2007

Christmas comes early!

I'm feeling knackered today after another fun weekend. We had a houseful of people to record Steve's play, Doctor Who and the Christmas Gnomes. Great fun was had by all, which is nice. We didn't get started on the recording until rather late in the day, which meant a late dinner and a late start to the drinking on Saturday night, but that didn't seem to stop us going for that with customary gusto. Much wine and beer was consumed, if the trip to the bottle bank yesterday afternoon is anything to go by! We played a few rounds of Jonno's drinking game, which is enough to slaughter anyone- and certainly did poor old Ant Cox in, not that I think he really minded. Everyone seemed to be having a good time, and as I went to bed at 2.45am, they were just starting to watch 1999's Doctor Who night... even I wasn't really up for that!

The recording seemed to go well. I think Steve really enjoyed being in charge and getting things done his way! He's not quite as laid back as Si is in the directing stakes, but they both get the best from their actors. I had a blocked noce and a rather fragile voice, so my part sounds rather husky this time, but it's still recognisably Vera-esque I think. Some of the other performances are quite wonderfully insane, which is probably just what this script needs.

So it was lovely to welcome to our place. It was a shame Andrew and Ant had to rush off on Saturday night, and as always there's never enough time to chat to everyone properly- I never seem to get time to have a decent chat with Si these days! But there was the chance to talk to Dave Tudor on Sunday when everyone else had headed home and to Pip and Tim before everyone else arrived on Saturday (and we're having Pip to stay for the PS meet, which'll be nice) but I'm sure it won't be long until we see everyone again, anyway. It never is and that's a good thing!

Paul and Jody came up on Sunday with Tabby and William. It was their first visit to our place and it was really good to finally welcome them! Tabby and William of course stole all the attention whenever they could, and it's quite clear that our house really isn't set up for children! If I'd had more time and been less hungover we could have sorted that out a bit more than we did. Ah well. It didn't matter though. I can't believe how much they've grown up in the few months since we last saw them. I suppose because I see Luke and Annabel all the time I don't really notice how much they're changing all the time.
Anyway they seemed to enjoy Steve's cake and the trip to the playground over the road was fun too. William got thoroughly covered in mud, which is how it should be. I'm not sure Charlie enjoyed all the attention he got, especially as both William and Tabby were quite excited to see him running around, but I'm sure he's recovered now.
It was just a shame I was a bit hungover and that meant I wasn't as chatty as I should have been. Hey ho.

Today I've had a quiet day. A bit of DVDing stuff, a bit of watching and two wonderful episodes of The Sarah Jane Adventures, which I'm not ashamed to say I'm enjoying immensely!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home