The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Sunday, September 23, 2007

History Tours and Birthdays

Magical History Tour is out there!
I've been really pleased with the response to it so far. There's been lots of lovely positive comments about the first episode, on all fronts really from the writing to the acting and the production itself. I've listened to the episode a few times now and I'm quite amazed at how far we've come from Echoes of the Protii. There's still a few microphone pops alas, which is something we really need to work on avoiding, but otherwise it is without doubt Planet Skaro's finest first episode yet! I can't wait to hear how the storyline ends.
I don't know if it';s because this story is our first big one actually written specifically for audio (and indeed the first one directly written for our team in the first place, the others being adaptations of existing novellas) that makes it better than the others, or just that we're all more confident on all levels now that we've done a few. It's probably a mixture of things. Certainly I have to say I'm rather proud of both my writing in this one (which listening to it back is really naturalistic, which is pleasing) and my acting too. I don't sound anything like Brian actually did, but I think I've caught the nervousness of him quite well. Certainly I've had a few nice comments, which made me smile.
I just hope the interest is maintained. I have no idea how many people have downloaded it or anything, but there certainly seems to have been more said on this one than the last download adventure, and I think the weekly episodes is a good idea, to maintain discussion of the story on Planet Skaro.

It's been a good weekend. Steve has been away, which usually makes me a bit of a misery, but there's been lots going on to distract me! I went off to work yesterday morning, which was fine, and then came home and waited for Jay to pick me up and take me over to Vic and Mark's.
It was Annabel's second birthday yesterday you see, and so we went over to celebrate. She seemed really happy, but more than a bit overwhelmed by it all. She got lots of pink presents, mostly clothes featuring Dora the Explorer, which is her favourite cartoon it seems. Her baby doll which gurgles and cries and sucks its dummy was a bit of a winner really, and as usual we had a good time bouncing on the trampoline together and doing lots of tickling! The joys of being an uncle!
We had a spooky moment where Luke reminded all of us of my brother when he was young! The strop he threw and the way he turned round and shouted at Jay after he'd been hit by a football in the face, was quite uncanny!
The new house is coming on really well. It's got a roof and everything now, which is huge progress since we last saw it. I'm just pleased that after all this time it's actually happening for them. They deserve something good after everything they've been through.
Me and Jay attempted to go to the cinema last night, but there wasn't anything good on, so we didn't in the end. We did have the chance to have a good chat though, which is rare and a lovely thing. We just don't the chance often enough to do that properly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Argh, those microphone pops! Trouble is, you turn your back to look at the script and someone has recorded a sneaky line too close to the mic behind your back!

I've just asked Pip and alas there is no way of finding out how many people downloaded it (would have been very interesting to have a list of users wouldn't it?). But he says this is something he is working on! ;-)

Si.
xx

10:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home