The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Sunday, September 16, 2007

In the bath

I love a nice relaxing bath. 3/4 of an hour just lying there with some music, just thinking and relaxing. It's perfect and one of the few chances there is just to stop for a bit. Wonderful.

So, as you might guess, that's where I've been. In the bath for a bit. I was pondering lots of things in there, and feeling creative. I've got a play to rewrite over the next few months, as Heist! is having a change of companion, which normally would be a bit of a hassle. It actually fits better having just one companion (and a new one at that), as I wasn't really sure there was enough material for 2 companions, so I'm pleased. I've just got to do the little tweaks now to make it work.
The other thing I want to do is write a little short story set directly after Magical History Tour. There's just a little loose end I want to tie up before we send them all off on new adventures, as I think there needs to be a bit of a reconciliation between the Doctor and Nick. I thought a little short story would be the perfect way to explore that, and resolve it before we get on to the business with the Christmas Gnomes. I won't say much more for fear of giving away spoilers, but it's something I'll enjoy writing over the next few weeks.

It's been a nice quiet weekend. Lots of relaxing and not much incident. A good episode of Inspector Morse on Saturday night, suburban stuff today- washing my bike and Steve's car, chasing Charlie round the garden, cleaning the house... not exciting, but vital things. I think Steve needed a chance to stop for a bit. Actually I know we both needed that really. The best thing is, I get another chance to do that tomorrow! Hooray!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to reading your short story Si! I've written a Nick/Rob/Monk Doctor one for the PS short story page myself, why not send it to Paul to include in that project?

Si.
xx

8:21 am  
Blogger WhiteCrowUK said...

Sometimes you need time to relax, or you go a bit nuts.

10:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home