The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Bad Girls and refurbs

Bad Girls-The Musical was exactly what you would expect, camp and silly with some serious moments. I loved it! The songs were catchy and fun, which helped a great deal (well it was a musical after all) with some memorably clever lyrics at times. I thought the recasting of the parts was done really well and there a couple of moments when I had to do a double take because they seemed so like their TV counterparts. The star though was Helen Fraser as Sylvia "Bodybag" Hollenby. She stole the show from everyone else, especially in her song and dance numbers, wrapped in a red feather boa and sparkly top. She rightfully got the biggest cheer at the curtain call. So great fun and a wonderful birthday present from Steve. He knew!

Things are pretty good at the moment. I just really haven't been in the mood for doing much blogging though. I think sometimes a little break is needed from these things, but I always end up regretting not writing about the things I forgot to write about!

There was a little good news at work today, as it seems the improvements that have been suggested for both my libraries recently have been agreed. This is good as they both are in desperate need of some attention, especially in the back office areas. Great Hollands in particular is quite grim really, especially as the only running water in the building is in the hand basin in the toilet. Not ideal. So finally we might be able to have a back office where both me and Pat can work at the same time, and at Birch Hill we might finally get some decent storage space and a back office space that is slightly more practical... well when it's done of course... it could turn out like Gaz's nightmare office refurb... let's hope not, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home