The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Don't Stop Now

Sometimes although there's a great deal going on, there isn't always much to say about it. I can't quite believe it's been 3 weeks since I last wrote on here, but there we go. You'll probably know what's been going on, as you'll have read Steve's blog in the meantime, so I won't bore you with a huge recap. The spare room does look good though, I've enjoyed going on a couple of bike rides with Steve and things are trundling on quite nicely really.

We've had some drama at work though. Last Wednesday there was a bit of an incident at Great Hollands involving four rather high teenage boys, the stuffed owl from the children's library and an on target throw... at the time it seemed rather harmless, but it's escalated as the customer involved has reported it as an assault to the police, looking back at the CCTV log it turns out one of the boys was snorting something while he was in the library and so I've ended up reporting the whole incident to the police. I just hope there aren't any reprisals- this is what I fear, but that doesn't really change the fact that I've done the right thing. We'll see how this one pans out.
On the plus side at work a customer at Birch Hill baked me a lovely lemon cake this week for all the help I gave her with a rather tricky library book problem. That makes it all worthwhile!

Work on the next play seems to be coming on well from the sounds of it. We had such a laugh the other night recording some interview material for the making of doc! We shouldn't laugh at our own jokes, but we just kept getting the giggles and getting sillier and sillier. I don't know how much of it is actually usable, or actually entertaining, but I hope Pip can find a use for it.
It sounds like Si is doing another wonderful job with the post production. I hope he does OK editing part 2. Part 2 is a bit of a tricky one really- I like the stuff with Nick and Brian, and the scene where Rob and Nick meet again is really important, but I'm not really too sure about some of the rest of it. I have to be honest and say I wasn't really a big fan of the Freddie cameo in the first place, and I don't think I wrote that bit very well either and so I'd quite happily see that edited out. I probably have an entirely different outlook on the play than Si does, having not heard many of the actual scenes assembled or even being recorded. It takes on a different life then. I do wonder if people will be able to guess which episodes were written by whom? We'll see.

Looking forward to seeing Richard, Si and Simon at the weekend for Bad Girls- The Musical. That should be a fun show.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to hear about your lemon cake Si - working in a library sounds really lovely right now! I'd even welcome incidents with teenage boys and stuffed owls.

Part 2 is okay, it's just a bit dialogue-heavy. The Freddie cameo is okay, although I have trimmed it down for timing reasons. Unfortunately it was Martin's first work of the day and his first line sounds really nervous.

On the plus side I listened to Part 3 last night and it's brilliant. You know what, I thought, I'm not going to edit out ANY of this!

Si.

3:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home