The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Monday, July 30, 2007

More things and stuff that has been going on

Good grief! I'm here again. It's been a while, hasn't it?

In my defence I've been busy. I've been to sunny Cornwall and had a lovely few days with my Grandma. She seemed in good spirits, but I do worry that she's actually a bit lonely without Grandad. She'd never say, of course, but there's just that little sense. That's why I think it's well worth making the effort to go down for days and spend some time with her, other than the obvious reason that it's great to spend some time with her.
We had a lovely time. I sorted out a few things on her PC and began to make some sense of Grandad's rather random photos (which took some doing- everything was on there about 3 times!) and she in turn helped plan next year's big trip to New Zealand, which she was ever so excited about on our behalf. We even had a day out and took the bus to Falmouth and went on a river trip up the river Fal to Smugglers Cottage where we had a lovely lunch and sat in the sun until there was a thunder storm! It was interesting to learn that General Eisenhower did his planning for D-Day there, and they did all the preparation for the operation around Falmouth. I had no idea.
So it was a lovely few days, and I relaxed and was well looked after. That makes it all worthwhile!

Came home, pottered around, didn't do much, which was exactly the right thing to do with my time off (although I did help Mum shift a couple of car loads of stuff down to the tip one afternoon) and read some good books.

At the weekend we went to Si and Simon's (via Ikea- always worth a trip... 9.45 on a Saturday morning is the quietest time I've been there. I'll remember that!) . The recording of the next audio adventure- Magical History Tour was the reason this time, and we did a really good job on that. We also recorded a little play that Steve wrote, which was good fun and it got a good performance out of Paul! I'm really pleased these are going well- we've done 4 this year so far and they've all been good fun to do. Isn't that the point? I think so. I really enjoy the writing and performing and I think, dare I say it, I'm actually not as bad as I thought I might be at the acting. I've played a bigger variety of characters than anyone else so far and I reckon I've done a good job with them all. Si was very complimentary about me, which was really pleasing to hear, especially as no-one really commented on my performance in Soap.
We took photos, we ate sandwiches, watched some treats and Si got drunk and accused the group upstairs of stealing Martin Penny, which was amusing! Oh and Debbie Harry is an icon. That was obvious.... everyone fancied her in the Blondie vids we watched!

Yesterday we went to see Transformers. Against all the odds it was a really enjoyable film. I thought I'd hate it, but I really enjoyed it. It was very exciting, rather funny in places and the plot just about hung together. And the robots were shiny. Hooray! Who'd have thought it, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home