The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Friday, May 19, 2006

Eurovision

I love Eurovision! Lats night, for the first time ever, I sat and watched the semi-finals. Depite the event lacking the Wogan touch, I still found the event great fun. There's just something wonderful about it, just watching what everyone comes up with, and some of the more outlandish singers, songs and costumes make it all a wonderfully worthwhile way to spend a couple of hours. Finland were brilliant, with the moment where the singer's wings unfolded and then slowly folded back up being my laugh out loud moment of the event! Iceland's bonkers song, with it's call to God got the only boos I can ever remember at Eurovision and Slovakia were cheated of a deserved place in the final, alas.
It's looking unlikely that I'll get to see this years actual final, as we're going away for the weekend (a long overdue visit to see Richard Beeby, who we've not seen for a fair while now) so I'll have to console myself with the semi finals this year, but I live in hope of one day sitting down with Gaz to watch it... it's been mooted many times, but we only managed it the once, back in 1996, the year of Gina-G's mirror costume! Last night featured the usual round of phone calls and texts between the songs and a lot of laughs. That's why I love it!

Current Music: Crowded House: Distant Sun (live 1996)
Current Doctor Who: Web of Fear (recon)
Current fruit with lunch: Bananas and Plums

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd forgotten it was the year of the tent pole/Gina G's micro mirror skirt!

I will say have a semi and a final is great as it means I get two nights of this every year now!

Sadly work colleagues just don't understand the joy of EuroVision yet...give them time!

7:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now I've blogged my final wrapup comments on it all!

8:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home