The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Monday, March 31, 2008

Things from March

Here's some things that have been happening:

We had drinks with Chris and James. It was a great night out, with two people I always feelI should talk to more. I'm sure we all bored James with our appreciation of Flight of the Conchords.

We had a lovely afternoon with Mum and Adam at Easter. It's wonderful to see Mum looking so happy now and it's wonderful after all the concern this relationship caused us all last year to have things settled and happy again. It's nice to see both of my parents in good, solid new relationships after all the hurt and heartbreak of the last few years. We had a great meal with them at Strada in Reading. The seafood Linguine was very good indeed.

New albums have arrived. The Feeling is my favourite album of the year so far. The new Supergrass is OK, but they seem to have lost their sense of fun, which really defined their first few albums. The album by Neon, Neon really reinforces how hard working Gruff Rhys of the SFA is (this is his third album in just over a year) and how incredibly talented he is too- very good and will be a grower I reckon. The new REM one plopped through the letterbox today. On one listen it's difficult to say if this is the much vaunted return to form we were promised, but it sounded OK to me.

My reading group are doing a Terry Pratchett next month- Going Postal. I wonder what they'll make it. Come to think of it, I wonder what I will make of it. It's been a long, long time since I gave any Pratchett a go.

We've been decorating the hall, stairs and landing. It looks so much brighter now. The green was dark and dreary, the Ivory Cream looks so bright and lovely. I did some of the woodwork today. I don't like glossing, but it has to be done. Now the house smells of almost dry gloss paint, and will do as we slowly get round to doing the rest of it.

Doctor Who is back on Saturday. YAY!

I survived last weekend's computer games fest at our house by writing for The Vervoid. Got a couple of things done, which is good and I'm 3/4 of the way through reviewing the B7 episode Countdown. I always thought season 2 was the best season, but there's been a real slump in quality over the last few episodes.

We've been watching the third series of Robin of Sherwood. Jason Connery gets far too much stick- he's not nearly as bad as he's made out to be. The series remains the definitive retelling of the myth for me and really puts the recent BBC series to shame in every way. RoS is imaginative, fast moving, beautifully shot and stands up well today I think. A big favourite series of mine.

Getting a migraine in the middle of the shopping in Morrisons isn't ideal for Steve, especially when he has to drive us home.

I'm going to start learning to drive next month. Oh my.

The next few weekends see us visiting lots of good friends- Richard and Mike in Ipswich, Si and Simon and everyone for the next recordings in Sawbridgeworth the week after and then a weekend in Nottingham with Wayne and Co. Should be great fun!

That is all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your driving Si! Look forward to seeing you for the recording!

We'll show them a thing or two! Hmm hmm.

Si.

3:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home