The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Thursday, June 01, 2006

If...

It's Thursday evening. I haven't done the washing up. This is no interest to anyone at all, but it doesn't change the fact that it still hasn't been done.

I cooked chilli for dinner tonight. It probably wasn't as hot as Gaz's are, but was still a bit hotter than we usually have them. It's good to challenge your taste buds like that every so often. I wonder what Steve will make of it tomorrow? There's another two helpings (and more besides) and since we due to be out at 7ish tomorrow night, a quick and easy reheatable dinner is required. One of the joys of living with Steve (and there are many more than most people need to know about) apart from his Goodies DVDs is that every night there's a different meal. When I was just cooking for me, I used to make double portions and heat one up the next day. There's nothing like leaving a curry for a day to mature before re-heating it for dinner, and I kind of miss that, but I'm probably better off this way.

We haven't had a Veggie stir-fry for weeks now. That's rare.

Steve is doing a night time safety audit on a part of the A406 tonight. One of the problems with summer night safety audits is that it takes so long for it to get dark. I hope he's not home too late. I've had the house to myself quite a lot this week for a change, while it's nice to have my own space for a bit, it's been very quiet without him here.

I'd better go and do the washing up. It won't go away, no matter how much I hope it will!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leaving the washing up! Well, I've never heard the like! I'd go out of my mind!

Si.

8:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Thursday, it's five to five and it's Cracka...oh sorry, misread that.

I made Ruth somethingbest descrived as tasty but bland (cumin, corriander and about 1/16 teaspoon of pepper) and it was too hot for her. She is a total food wuss if you ask me - so you guys have nothing to worry about!

And personally I still make double portions to avoid cooking everynight (since Wifey is pretty lame at cooking).

9:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home