The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Wish You Were Here?

It's such a quiet evening. It felt odd to do a late night at work and not have Steve come and pick me up. Funny how quickly you get used to things, isn't it? Fortunately it was a beautiful warm evening, so walking hone wasn't too bad really, just knackering after a long day and I never did like arriving home at 7.30 and straight away having to cook. I still prefer to eat earlier if I can. I'm sure you're better off that way.

It's been a pretty standard kind of day. The management team yet again showed how little they value anyone who work's for them and at the same time managed to botch their communication yet again, when it came to Val's letter about how she'd been overpaid. She is normally a very easy going person, but today she exploded... I think it's getting to the stage where everyone has been pushed to the limit and they're starting to fight back. I only wish that it would do something to dent their seemingly impregnable sense of their own worth, but it seems not. They just don't care and it's as simple as that. They don't care that morale is lower than ever, that we feel put upon and miserable, that communication is worse than ever... well if they don't care why should anyone else?
I think I want to go when I qualify. The problem is, I don't think it's going to much different wherever I go.

Current Music: Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here
Current Drink: Tea
Current Fruit in Our House: Cherries, Papaya, Bananas, Strawberries, Raspberries, Grapefruit, Oranges, Blueberries.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So when's the big mass walk out then Mr Shop Steward?

8:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home