The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Praise

Fiona came out to see me at Great Hollands yesterday afternoon. We decided that it might be for the best for her not to have a chat with Glynis, as she seems to have settled down a little bit now, only a bit mind you, but it's not worth upsetting her any further. It might make things worse after all.
She seemed really impressed with all the hard work that I've put in over there though. It's nice to see it appreciated. She said it looked tidier, bigger and more friendly which, at least, were what I promised I could deliver in my interview. She agreed with Lynn's ideas for promoting the library using the windows that permanently have the blinds closed, and she also agreed that we can have some new furniture for the children's library and a new book display unit to replace the rubbish old mismatched cardboard ones we're currently using. I just want to smarten the library up, show that we're taking some care of it and that the slapdash ways things have been done before won't be acceptable anymore. Perhaps I will be good at this job after all.

That's about it for the moment. I've got a couple of potentially quiet days coming up. Steve is going off to fest for a couple of days and I'll be at home and have a chance to get some writing done and might have a day with Luke tomorrow if we can get it arranged. That'd be nice!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Simon,
James here , wondered if you got my email I sent to the Great Hollands Branch?
Just a quick line to say all the best with your new role, sounds great. I live in Austria, married, 8 week old baby boy. Time is scary eh, and it certainly belts by!
Enjoy reading your blog, wish you all the best
James Wren

10:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home