The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Friday, March 06, 2009

Beep Bleep!

I'm currently loving the new single from Royksopp- Happy Up Here. It's just the kind of upbeat, poppy, bleepy kind of song I adore. It makes me smile every time I hear it and the video with the live action space invaders is pretty cool too. I'm really looking forward to their new album at the end of the month.

This year is shaping up to be a good one for music by bands I like. We've already had a really fantastic and very strong album from Franz Ferdinand, we've got Royksopp to come and of course new stuff from the Super Furry Animals which is always exciting. Can't wait to hear what they come up- and the first song "The Best of Neil Diamond" is pretty intriguing... I'm sure I;ll be writing more about that soon enough.

It's been a funny old week. There have been a few problems at work to deal with- nothing major, just a few little niggles here and there. Technology based mainly, so out of my direct control. Some sarcastic comments from a particularly difficult customer didn't help much either, but his recent behaviour has been mostly extraordinary and I don't feel very inclined to help him out or indeed talk about that.

So happy matters! I drove the Jazz for the first time this week. My performance on Wednesday night wasn't exemplary it has to be said- I was stressed and nervous about it and I made some classic mistakes because of that. I acquitted myself much better this evening though with a decent drive home and I feel more confident now. Tomorrow morning I'm off out on my own for the first time, which is a little daunting, but more than a little exciting. There's a route I want to try out which I drove on almost all of my driving lessons and it's probably a good one to try out before I go off to Great Hollands in the morning. So avoid the Sandhurst bypass tomorrow morning around 8.30!

We're watching Oranges are not the only Fruit at the moment. It's great. Rather harrowing in places (especially in tonight's episode) but touching and funny too. Great cast and a great adaptation of the novel. It's been a long time since I last saw it and an even longer time since I read the novel, so it feels new and I can't quite remember what happens, so the last episode will be a surprise!

Off to see Watchmen tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a good adaptation of that too... we'll see, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home