The Amazing World of Si Hart

Amazing insights into my mind as I battle against the inefficient world of the library, moderate a message board, write Doctor Who audio adventures and try and stay sane!

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Some of this week's exciting escapades

Things that have happened this week include:

Clearing the loft: It's empty at the moment waiting tomorrow's new insulation. We cleared out some more rubbish at the weekend and threw things away. Aren't we good?

We moved things round at Birch Hill Library. This created a separate children's area and it makes both better use of the space and makes the library look bigger. This is one of the great things about having staff in from elsewhere, as I get a new perspective on everything.

I read A Thousand Splendid Suns and loved it. I wasn't expecting to as it seemed a bit grim (as indeed it was) but it ended up with hope for the remaining characters.

I got cross about Andrew Cartmel's whinging on the Battlefield commentary and I don't even like the story either. Honestly he's the most annoying contributor on the entire DVD range.

I wore a hat on the way to work. Yes it was that cold! On Wednesday I even wore my fleece as well as my coat and I was still cold.

We managed to rescue Charlie before the ice cracked too much on the pond he was scurrying over while we moved his hutch. He escaped with wet paws, but for a moment there was lots of concern.

I started lots of threads on PS and everyone responded making it one of the busiest days for ages. I should do it more often. In fact people should start more threads in general and get us all talking.

I sold a signed photo of Colin Baker for 99p. It was disappointing compared to the £122 Steve got for his ID Anthology box. Ah well!

1 Comments:

Blogger WhiteCrowUK said...

How can you sell your Colin Baker autograph?

Making a profit selling his autograph ... tut tut

;-)

10:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home